How It Works?
In simple terms, the GlobalTrack onboard system reads the GPS position data and then transmits the data to a tracking server and then on to the user’s monitoring computer. The data from the vehicle to the tracking server can be transmitted over the mobile telephone network (GSM/3G/4G), WiFi network, or Satellite connection. From there the connection to the user’s computer is either sent over the user’s local network (LAN), or via the internet.
At a minimum, the onboard equipment consists of a computer (tracking device), GPS antenna, and GSM, 3G, 4G, WiFi or satellite antenna. In addition, many types of optional sensors can be added to give additional information.
The diagram above shows a typical installation which in addition to the basic components also includes an optional ignition sensor, temperature sensor, panic (SOS) button, an immobilizer (engine cut-off).
The onboard computer has internal memory, so in the event that communication is lost with the server, the data is stored and nothing is lost.
Onboard System Features Are:
- GPS/GLONASS coordinates and I/O data acquisition
- Real Time tracking
- Smart algorithm of data acquisition (time, distance, angle, ignition and event based)
- Sending acquired data via GPRS (TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols)
- Flash memory for storing events in case the network is unavailable
- Two RJ45 (RS232) ports
- RJ45 ports can be used to connect two LLS digital fuel sensor without a concentrator
- Smart algorithm of GPRS connections (GPRS traffic saving)
- Operating in roaming networks (preferred GSM providers list)
- Events on I/O detection and sending via GPRS or SMS.
- Scheduled 24 coordinates SMS sending
- One configuration file enables convenient configuration
- Data reading from CAN Bus (FMS standard)
- CAN Bus Auto scan functionality which enables to automatically configure CAN bus data reading that simplifies configuration process
- Multi geofence zones (rectangular or circle)
- Auto geofencing functionality which automatically draws geozones with certain radius, decreasing risk of vehicle theft
- Deep Sleep mode (saving vehicle‘s accumulator)
- Firmware update and configuration using USB interface
- OTA (firmware updating via GPRS)
- Built-in battery
- Roaming dependent operation (GPRS traffic saving in roaming zones)
GlobalTrack can be set up on your server or can be hosted by SNCTechnolgies servers. If the hosting option is selected then the information can be accessed through the web using the SNCTechnolgies GlobalTrack Fleet Management application.
GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application
With the GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application users can monitor and manage their fleet. Users can monitor their fleets on a moving map that allows zooming in and out to the desired viewing area. Also alerts on abnormal conditions such as out-of-bounds and over speeding will be displayed.
Some of the GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application features are :
- Built in real time map supports GoogleEarth, OpenLayers, ESRI, SHP and Geoserver
- Predefined Alarm and Notification based on geofence and events
- Trip history replay
- Email notifications
- Asset Group by Location, Tag, etc
- Multiple Login with authorization levels