PreView WorkSight for Waste
The Challenge: Waste collection vehicles operate in close proximity to the general public every day. Whether in the neighborhood or at transfer points, a vehicle driver needs reliable knowledge of objects in blind spots while in motion. The drivers need a tool that will help them actively protect the vehicle, surrounding objects, and pedestrians from the most prevalent accident in the industry: Blind Spot Collisions.
An Improved Solution: PreView® WorkSight® for Waste is a single sensor solution that provides the close-in range that detects objects from corner-to-corner of the bumper, while also detecting 20ft/6m out from the sensor. When something is detected in these zones, the driver receives an audible alert and visual warning through an in-cab display unit to give drivers the critical extra seconds they need to react and avoid a collision. There are also options to integrate the PreView® Plus camera system to provide drivers the ability to view the object detected.
Reliable and Proven: PreView’s waste management customers are reporting reductions of more than 75% in blind spot accidents since installing PreView on their waste vehicle fleet.
Increase Machine Up Time
WorkSight® for Waste consists of three simple components:
- an external sensor;
- an in-cab display to provide audible alerts and visual warning to the driver; and
- a cable system to connect the sensors and display.
The 20ft/6m detection zone is specifically designed to reaction time calculations needed in the waste industry to prevent accidents.
The Solid Choice
- Active object detection radar
- Notify drivers of surrounding objects
- Effective in extreme weather and work site conditions
- Reduces accidents by more than 75%
- Protects life and property
- Backed by Preco Electronics, the leader in safety since 1947
- Specific detection patterns developed for Rear Waste Loader, Side Loader and Front Loader
PreView WorkSight for Waste Benefits
- Active audible and visual driver alert
- Available for retrofit or at build
- CAN BUS technology allows for integration with other safety tools
- Expandable technology with multiple display options (see below)
- LED Display (included)
- PreView Plus (option)
- Current Pull: Less than .25 AMP
- Operating Temperatures: -40oF to +185oF (-40oC to +85oC)
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.4”H x 10.5”W x 1.4”D
- Detection Zone: 20’ (6.1m)
- Durable sensor sealed for rugged environments
- Meets NIOSH safety recommendations
- 5 year warranty on sensor and display