Speed Awareness Monitor
Most mine vehicle accidents are due to over speeding. SNC Speed Awareness Monitor (SAM) can reduce these type of accidents plus improve efficiency and production. SAM monitors drivers and management are alerted to over and under speeding.
SAM captures video or photos of vehicles that are over or under speeding. Photos and video can either be picked-up manually on a USB at SAM or automatically transmitted on a predetermined schedule to a predetermined monitoring station. SAM offers three options to deliver photos and videos.
- Manually Pick-up Photos with USB at SAM
- Receive Photos Via WiFi Network
- Via GSM (telephone) Network
- SAM can be customized to meet the needs of any mine site.
- Adjust Radar Sensitivity
- Adjust Threshold of Over and Under Speed
SAM is the answer for total speed control and prevention of accidents caused by speeding.
On the job day and night SAM’s system uses a bright LED array making the SAM display easy to read in the bright daylight as well as at night. Infrared night vision captures photos of vehicles that are under or over speeding, providing 24 hour fleet surveillance.
Skid mounted, SAM is easy to relocate and built for rugged mine conditions. Solar powered with 48 hour battery capacity SAM is easy to maintain needing nothing more than a battery check, a clean solar panel and clean camera lense.
Truck over speeding goes over embankment on a turn
Driver looses control
Accident on mine sites
How It Works
SAM uses pulse radar to detect the speed of an approaching truck. In order to alert the driver, if the truck is over speeding, then the speed is displayed in red. Otherwise the display is in green.
If the truck is over speeding or under speeding then the night vision camera is triggered to take either a photo or video, depending how it is configured.
The system can be configured to either send the photo/video wirelessly via a GPRS or WiFi network to a central monitoring station. Or the photo/video can be copied on to a USB memory stick by physically visiting the unit. The system can also send an SMS notification of a violation.
When a vehicle approaches SAM the doplar radar detects the speed and alerts the driver on the LED Reader Board which is mounted above the posted speed limit. At the same time the camera photographs the truck and the speed of the truck is stored and is sent wirelessly to the dispatch center.
The bright LED display is visible to everyone, so speed control becomes “self-policing” and violations quickly decrease. Operators quickly learn to control their speed when SAM is watching.
The system comes with a full set of reports that highlight violations and driving patterns. Reports can be customized.
Reduce Accidents, Costly Repairs and Loss of Life.
SAM Equipment & Specifications
SAM Equipment List and Specs
Speed Awareness Monitor or SAM
- Houston Doppler Radar DR2500
- Wide Input Voltage 9-18 V
- Long range radar with a detection distance of 600 meters
- Beam Angle 12 ° x 24 °
- 2 x RS-232 interface for redundancy and data download
- Local memory for logger
- Low Power Consumption (0.6 W)
- Equipped with radar statistical software
- 1080p HDTV with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- 18x optical zoom
- Support Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- OptimizedIR for clearer images at night
- IR illumination at a distance of 40 m (full telephoto)
- MicroSD / microSDHC / microSDXC support up to 64 GB of storage
- Custom Events and Trigger
- Custom Scripting
- Support SMTP protocol for sending snapshots
- LED 2 Digit (Dot Matric)
- Dimensi 50 cm x 58cm x 8cm
- uper Bright LED
- Power Source 12 VDC
- Interface RS-232/RS-485
- High Performance Processor
- Ethernet interface
- RS232 and RS485 Interface
- 40 digital I/O and up to 5 serial ports
- 8 input and 2 output analog channels
- Up to 1GB miniSD storage
WiFi Access Point and 3G Router
- 4 Ethernet Port
- USB HSDPA/3G Modem
- High Power Wireless Card
- External Omni 5dbi Antenna
- Custom scripting for automatic dial up
Polycristaline Solar Panel
Deep Cycle GEL Battery
- 48 Hour Capacity
- Advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger
- Data Logging
- Reverse, Surge, High Temp, Over-voltage protection